Saturday 2 July 2016

Curly Wurly Shampoo // Lush Hair Product Review



After watching Carrie Flecther's Hair routine for her curly hair I decided to follow in her footsteps and get the hair products she uses for her hair as we have fairly similar hair.

One of the products was the Curly Wurly shampoo from Lush, now I never really ventured into the hair products of lush before but as I love lush, in much need to sort out my hair and Carrie recommended it I though why not.  I've also been trying my best to go cruelty free with hair and skin products and of course Lush is famous for their animal rights campaigns and pride themselves on being cruelty free.


First Thoughts
The smell of the product was extremely strong, but it didn't put me off using it. The fact that it had real pieces of coconut in the shampoo emphasised how good it was going to be for my hair.   I can never fully see any major differences when changing my shampoo as my hair is naturally curly, frizzy and dry but this shampoo definitely made a difference.  It is a lot different to any other shampoos I have tried before, but I was just intrigued to see the results.


Application
It's a very thick shampoo and you have to work it into your scalp quite hard with a lot of water to create it a more foaming texture.  The pieces of coconut do wash out of your hair easily though, thank God!

Scent
It is a very strong scent of coconut, but it isn't as strong once you have washed it out.  Since using this shampoo and the American Cream conditioner (also from Lush), my hair has just smelt amazing.  I normally like the smell of coconuts, I'm not a massive fan but I do like it, however I don't particularly like how strong the coconut scent of the shampoo before it's in my hair but it doesn't stop me from using it, so if you don't like coconut and cannot get over the smell of it, maybe this product isn't for you.



Does it work?
I definietly feel like it has made my hair a lot softer than it used it be before I used the product.  My hair is never going to be 'shiny and silky' unless I straighten it and even then it isn't always shiny, but the product does reduces the frizz and dryness of my hair.

Price
100g - £5.75
220g - £10.75
440g - £18.75

I got the 220g and I wash my hair 2-3 times a week as it doesn't get greasy much at all.  I use a fair/generous amount and I have been using it for a month now and I'm probably just about hitting 1/4 of the way through, so the price, for some, may seem a lot but it lasts ages due to thick consistency of it.

Recommend?
If you have naturally curly and frizzy hair I would definitely recommend this product, I don't think I have fallen in love with a shampoo product as much as this one!  Especially if you pair it with the American Cream conditioner.



If you like this review, I might  do review the conditioner I use alongside this shampoo the 'American Cream' which smells lush by the way (pun not intended!)

I hope everyone had a brilliant week and are having an amazing weekend.

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment